Welcome to the Placerville Acupuncture and Functional Medicine clinic of Alex Tuggle L.Ac.! I provide many holistic health services for you and your family's health needs. My treatments include Acupuncture therapy, Therapeutic massage, Chi Nei Tsang, Nutritional Balancing supplement programs, Hair mineral analysis lab testing and interpretation, Nutritional counseling, Medical Qigong and Guided Meditation as well as Chinese herbal medicine.
By combining both Western Biomedicine with Traditional Chinese Medicine, you get the benefits of both modern research along with the healing wisdom that has been around for centuries!
What Can I Do For You?
- I help people determine which nutrients and minerals that their body needs in order to balance their metabolism, increase energy production, and facilitate the detoxification and elimination of heavy metals and toxic chemicals from the body.
- I can help reduce stress on the adrenal glands by relaxing the nervous system into the Parasympathetic branch and help to reduce the “fight-or-flight” response. This will help the adrenals to not need to produce so many “stress hormones” such as cortisol, aldosterone, and epinephrine. This will help to conserve the hormonal precursors Progesterone and Pregnenolone, which often become depleted due to chronic stress and overworked adrenal glands.
- I help to balance neurochemistry such as neurotransmitters, minerals, and toxic heavy metals by supplying the nutrients that support brain function, and aid the glial cells in the brain to release toxic metals such as mercury, copper and aluminum that create mental and emotional stress and overexcitement of stimulating neurons. This can help to reduce anxiety, insomnia, palpitations, tachycardia, OCD, bipolar, panic attacks, depression, autism, and schizophrenia.
- I recommend and provide healing herbal formulas that truly heal the underlying causes to your health condition, not merely masking the symptoms. I am able to determine which herbs would be correct for a person’s specific needs to help heal the adrenal glands, thyroid, digestive system, liver function, immune system, respiratory system, kidney function, reduce inflammation, and help treat the underlying factors that causes stress in the body.
- I administer Shiatsu, Acupressure and Trigger-point massage to help release the specific sites in the muscles and ligaments that hold the most amount of stress, and limiting the range of motion in those muscle groups. Reiki, craniosacral touch and foot reflexology can all heal the energetic blockages and imbalances that can cause fatigue, stress, and toxins to build up in the body. Releasing these points with acupressure or energetic healing connectivity helps to revitalize the body’s own natural healing pathways, resulting in a more relaxed state and a stronger body-mind connectedness, so you feel more grounded.
- My dietary consultations help my clients realize which foods that they are eating which can be triggering an immune response or may be incorrect for their metabolism. I recommend foods that are nutrient dense and will help support their nutritional needs for optimal Adrenal, Thyroid, and Liver function. These three organs are responsible for the vast majority of all cellular metabolic functions that produce energy and remove toxins from the body.
" My holistic approach to healing is to treat the underlying causes to your current health condition. "
There may be multiple factors that are working together to create a web of imbalances throughout your body. Your nervous system, digestion, liver function and Endocrine glands like your adrenals and thyroid all play important parts in keeping every cell in our body working normally. If any one of these organs become disrupted by inflammation or chronic stress, a domino-effect of multiple health problems and many different symptoms may be the result of just a few underlying weaknesses or toxicities.
I combine ancient techniques such as palpation, feeling the pulse and questioning, as well as modern lab-testing such as Hair Analysis,DUTCH test, GI-Maps and Blood analysis as well as other diagnostic procedures in order to find out what is really causing your health situation, and come up with an effective healing solution.
I specialize in treating the following health conditions:
I am a fully licensed and certified second generation acupuncturist, herbalist and functional medicine practitioner, practicing in California since 2008. I specialize in the holistic treatment of back pain, neck and spine injuries, Adrenal fatigue, Thyroid disorders, Autoimmune conditions, Stress-related conditions, Hormonal balancing, Liver support and Heavy Metal Detoxification programs.
Functional Medicine is a 21st century solution to our many different health problems, stemming from poor nutrition, too much stress in our lifestyle, excessive use of pain-killers and prescription drugs, and toxins and heavy metals that we are exposed to in our water, food, household supplies, and Industrial practices.
A Functional Medicine practitioner must have a broad understanding of the many different health stressors that could be forming a complicated web of symptoms and various pathologies that could be linked to:
- Your Diet
- Your Exercise Routine
- Your Exposure to Environmental Toxins and Heavy Metals
- Your Ability to Stay Relaxed During Times of Stress.
- Your Ability to Sleep And Rest Deeply Each Night
- Emotions and Personal Relationships
... Which may be causing some of the stress that is causing your body and mind to use up nutrients and hormones that get used up by too much STRESS.
My experience as a holistic health practitioner has given me insight into the way we adapt to stress and exposure to toxic metals and chemicals, and how I can provide you the nutritional and herbal support to rebuild your body's healing mechanisms in the brain, muscles, nerves, cardiovascular system, kidneys, adrenal glands, thyroid, and cellular metabolic functions.
By applying modern research and Biomedicine such as Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis and Functional Medicine along with Traditional Chinese Medicine, Herbs, Acupuncture, and Qigong Breathwork and Massage, you can get the best of both worlds and tap into your healing energy with multiple tools to help you along the way.
I use a holistic approach to medicine by applying Chinese Herbs, Acupuncture, Nutritional supplements and Dietary counseling in order to boost your body's digestion and gut health, to help you utilize the necessary nutrients your body needs to rebuild enzymes, internal organ tissues, immune cells, and endocrine hormones such as T3, T4, Cortisol, Progesterone, Testosterone, and many other vital components to your health and healing.
Your digestion and metabolism of vitamins, amino acids, minerals and essential fatty acids will improve your body's endocrine gland functioning and improve the production of sex hormones, digestive enzymes, neurotransmitters, metal-binding proteins and stress hormones.
My training has been extensive in Orthomolecular nutrition, Hair analysis interpretation and Nutritional balancing, Qigong and meditation breathing practices, such as Internal Martial Arts, which helps me to facilitate the healing modalities of Shiatsu massage and Chi Nei Tsang abdominal massage.
My hands can activate your "Bio-energy field" which contained in your muscles, nervous system, and neuro-fascial membranes that connect deeply through your body and internal organ pathways, as a way to help you let go of unreleased emotions and blocked energy that can get trapped inside your various muscles, organs and connective tissues.
My holistic health clinic aims to serve your health needs with a variety of Holistic healing treatments. These treatments include:
Click Here To Bookmark This Page
Stress Relief |
Providing Placerville holistic medicine and holistic health care treatments, acupuncture, liver detoxification, Chi nei tsang, trigger point massage in Placerville, Pleasant Valley, Somerset, El Dorado Hills, Cameron Park, Folsom, Pollock Pines, Shingle Springs, Camino, El Dorado County and East Sacramento Valley.